The Max Planck Institute for Brain Research (MPI for Brain Research) in Frankfurt/Main is a vibrant research institution in the field of basic biological and medical research, with a focus on understanding the functions of the brain’s circuits. Our institute has approx. 300 employees in three research departments and five research groups, as well as several service units.
We are looking to recruit an experienced and motivated
Head of Administration (m/f/div)
starting as soon as possible.
Your responsibility is to lead and further develop a team of about 20 experienced administration personnel in human resources, purchasing, accounting and general services serving the pursuit of scientific knowledge in a leading research institute.
In particular, your responsibilities are:
- Oversight/governance/responsibility for all administrative operations
- Best practice implementation and continuous improvement of budgetary, purchasing and personnel operations
- Cooperation with all other units of the institute, in particular the scientific departments and research groups, facility management, animal facility and IT group
- Consulting and risk assessment in all administrative, regulatory and budgetary matters to support the board of directors
- Close interaction within the network of administrative leaders in the Max-Planck-Society Germany-wide
- Degree from a College or University in administrative, legal, business or other fields or al-ternatively, proof of corresponding certificates in case of an equivalent vocational training and relevant professional experience, ideally in a scientific environment
- Experience in handling complex administrative topics
- Team spirit and leadership qualities, ideally with experience in leading administrative teams
- Keen on implementing best-practice procedures and striving for operational excellence
- Excellent knowledge of English and German for communication in an international re-search environment in oral and written form
We're looking for:
- An open-minded, friendly and motivated person with great communication skills who en-joys working in an international environment
- A strong can-do spirit, flexibility, assertiveness and planning competence
- An ideal combination between a hands-on understanding of complex regulatory contexts, interest in pragmatic approaches, demonstrated leadership skills, solution-oriented spirit and ability to delegate to a competent team
- A permanent position with all benefits of the public service in a friendly and dynamic work environment with regular working hours
- A highly interactive atmosphere and support within an international and collaborative insti-tute
- A state-of-the-art infrastructure
- A corporate pension plan
- Education and training
- Family service (in-house baby and kids room, on-campus child day care center)
- Corporate health management (e.g. sports courses)
- Cafeteria and Bistro in the institute
- Free parking on institute’s premises
The Max-Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. Furthermore, the Max-Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those fields where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
The compatibility of work and family is very important to us; we offer the possibility of childcare in the Kairos child care facility nearby our institute. Further information can be found on our homepage www.brain.mpg.de.
Please send your full and comprehensive application stating your salary expectations by 09th April 2021 as a single pdf file via our recruiting platform: https://jobs.brain.mpg.de/en/jobposting/0dae539a6611a185bfd51c5ea61d4d2ddbf99dfd0/apply