The Max Planck Institute for Brain Research (MPI for Brain Research) in Frankfurt am Main is
a steadily growing research institution in the field of basic biological/medical research and is
specifically concerned with the functioning of circuits in the brain. The institute, which currently
employs about 250 people, consists of scientific departments, research groups and several
service facilities. The animal house cares for rodents (mice, rats, naked mole rats), reptiles,
zebrafish and cephalopods.
With immediate effect we are looking for a
Veterinarian as animal welfare officer (m/f/d)
- Assume the function of animal welfare officer (m/f/d)
- Advise on laboratory animals and animal protection law
- Support the application process, carrying out and documentation of animal experiments
- Communicate with the competent authorities and prepare opinions on applications for approval of animal experiments
- Monitor compliance with legal requirements and inspect animal husbandry and animal experiments.
- Implementation of the 3Rs principle
- Licensed veterinarian (m/f/d); Veterinary Specialist (m/f/d) in laboratory animal science desirable
- Sound knowledge of animal protection laws in laboratory animal science
- Proficient in the application process, carrying out and documentation of animal experiments
- Experience working as an animal welfare officer (m/f/d) or principal investigator of laboratory animal protocols (m/f/d) advantageous
- Goal-oriented and independent, well-organized working style with a high sense of responsibility and strong communication skills
- Very good knowledge of German and English
We offer you:
- A varied, interesting job in an exciting and international working atmosphere
- Employment with all benefits of the public service
Continuing education and training
- Company pension scheme
- Family service (baby and children's room at the institute, day care center on campus)
- Cafeteria and bistro in the institute building
- Occupational health management (e.g. company doctor, sports activities)
- Good connections to public transportation
- Free parking on the institute’s premises
Compensation is in accordance with the TVöD. The social benefits correspond to those of the public service. The position is temporary with the aim of making it permanent in the future. It is a full-time position which is in principle suitable for part-time work.
The Max Planck Society would like to employ more severely disabled people. Applications from severely disabled persons are expressly encouraged.
The compatibility of work and family is very important to us; among other things, we offer the possibility of childcare in the immediately neighboring Kita Kairos. For more information, please visit our homepage.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your complete and informative application documents with details of your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date by February 28, 2023 via our application platform.