The Max Planck Institute for Brain Research (MPI for Brain Research) in Frankfurt/Main is a vibrant research institution in the field of basic biological and medical research, with a focus on understanding the functions of the brain’s circuits. Our institute has approx. 300 employees in three research departments and four research groups, as well as several service units.
To amplify our staff starting on the earliest possible date we are looking for a
Systems mechanic (m/f/d) or fitter (m/f/d) or plumber (m/f/d)
for heating, ventilation, sanitary, air conditioning and gas technology
initially limited for two years with the possibility of extension.
- Disposal of hazardous materials / special waste and the shipment of dangerous goods
- Monthly inspection of emergency & eye showers
- Small repair works on these facilities
- Small installation works for compressed air, clean, hot and cold water supply, as well as disposal of these
- Maintenance and repair of air conditioning, heating and ventilation systems
- Maintenance and repair of the sanitary facilities in the institute buildings
- Regular control, data acquisition and cleaning of technical building equipment
- Execution of DGUV-A3 inspections according to specifications / advanced training
- Technical emergency service (on-call service) every fourth week
- Control and monitoring of the central building control system
- Vocational training as a systems mechanic (m/f/d) with a focus on supply engineering or in an equally recognized profession
- Training as an authorized person for hazardous goods would be desirable
- German at native-speaker level, English language skills an advantage
- Profound knowledge in the field of HVAC
- Knowledge and experience with computer-aided data acquisition (CAFM)
- Profound knowledge in the use of office programs (MS Word, Excel)
- Profound knowledge in the field of refrigeration and MSR technology would be an advantage
- Class B driving license
- Service orientation combined with friendliness and hands-on mentality
- Participation in our on-call service
- Willingness for further training (currently: hazardous goods / boiler attendant)
What we offer:
- An interesting and varied range of tasks in a pleasant, friendly working atmosphere
- Employment with all benefits of the public service, initially limited to two years with the possibility of deferment
- Continuing education and training
- Company pension plan
- Family service (baby and children's room at the institute, day care center on campus)
- Company health management (e.g. company doctor, sports offers)
- Cafeteria / bistro in the institute
- Good connections to public transportation
- Free parking on the institute’s premises
Compensation is in accordance with the TVöD (German public service) salary scale. Social benefits correspond to those of the public service.
The Max Planck Society aims to increase the proportion of women in areas where they are underrepresented. Women are therefore expressly encouraged to apply. The Max Planck Society strives to employ more severely disabled people. Applications from severely disabled persons are expressly encouraged.
The compatibility of work and family is very important to us; among other things, we offer the possibility of childcare in the immediately neighboring Kita Kairos. For more information, please visit our website at www.brain.mpg.de.
We look forward to receiving your complete and conclusive application documents with details of your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date in a PDF document by October 17th 2021 on our application platform: https://jobs.brain.mpg.de/en/jobposting/48d503699c5a6edd4fb1bb696a5b73587eea0bd40/apply