The Max Planck Institute for Brain Research (MPI for Brain Research) in Frankfurt/Main is a continouly growing research institution in the field of basic biological and medical research, with a focus on understanding the functions of the brain’s circuits. Our institute with approx. 300
employees is made of research departments, research groups, as well as several service units.
For amplifying our IT service unit, we are looking for a
Network and System Administrator (m/f/d)
initially limited, deferment is planned.
- Administration, operation and maintenance of servers and clients based on Windows Server, Linux and Mac OSX as well as virtualization using VMware
- Installation, configuration and administration of network components (Cisco / DELL), amongst others switching, routing, VLAN, WLAN, firewall
- Operation of backup systems (TSM)
- Responsible for the system stability, data availability and the smooth operation of the IT infrastructure
- Participation in the further development of our IT landscape
- User support and other help desk tasks
- Maintaining the documentation of the work
- Successfully completed vocational training in an IT profession (e.g. IT specialist for sys-tem integration), successfully completed relevant bachelor’s degree or several years of relevant, professional experience
- Safe handling of Linux, Windows Server, network systems (cisco) and virtualization
- Knowledge of storage solutions, ideally SpectrumScale (formerly GPFS), and good command of the English language desirable
- Solution-oriented thinking, independent and structured working style combined with strong communication skills
What we offer:
- An interesting and varied range of tasks in a dynamic and international work environment
- Employment with all benefits of the public service
- Continuing education and training
- Company pension plan
- Family service (baby and children's room at the institute, day care center on campus)
- Company health management (e.g. company doctor, sports offers)
- Cafeteria / bistro in the institute
- Good connections to public transportation
- Free parking on the institute’s premises
Compensation is in accordance with the TVöD (German public service) salary scale. Social benefits correspond to those of the public service.
The Max Planck Society aims to increase the proportion of women in areas where they are un-derrepresented. Women are therefore expressly encouraged to apply. The Max Planck Society strives to employ more severely disabled people. Applications from severely disabled persons are expressly encouraged.
The compatibility of work and family is very important to us; among other things, we offer the possibility of childcare in the immediately neighboring Kita Kairos. For more information, please visit our website.
We look forward to receiving your complete and conclusive application documents with details of your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date in a PDF document by
December 19th 2021 on our application platform.