The Max Planck Institute for Brain Research (MPI for Brain Research) in Frankfurt/Main is a vibrant research institution in the field of basic biological and medical research, with a focus on understanding the functions of the brain’s circuits. Our institute has approx. 300 employees in three research departments and four research groups, as well as several service units.
The Department of Synaptic Plasticity (lab of Erin Schuman) is looking for a
• Neuronal cell culture work, including cell feeding and sorting, preparing media
• mRNA FISH
• Immunostainings and microscopy
• Antibody labeling with DNA oligos
• Helping to establish new techniques
• Preparing buffers and solutions
• Helping in chemical synthesis of artificial amino acids
• Handling of experimental animals
• Training and instructing new students
• Keeping an eye on proper functioning of lab equipment
• Preparing and maintaining stocks and databases, e.g. of antibodies and plasmids
• Keeping track of and ordering lab supplies
• Communicating with service departments and technicians
We are looking for a committed, highly motivated and responsible candidate with strong team spirit, who has an interest in the biological questions we are addressing and who enjoys working in a dynamic international scientific context.
The Max-Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those fields where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
The compatibility of work and family is very important to us; we offer the possibility of childcare in the kindergarten Kairos close to our institute. For more information, please visit our website.
Please send your full application, including a letter of motivation explaining how your qualifications and experience make you a good candidate for this job, together with a full CV, a reference letter (if available) and related certificates electronically as a single pdf file by June 12st, 2022 on our application platform.